Friday, October 10, 2008

The Dow is down? I'm screwed ... maybe.

I understand the dire circumstances of the economy right now, but isn't it funny how concerned or interested everyone is on how the market's doing or where the Dow Jones is? They ask with a look of consternation, then when they hear it's worse (which they fully expected), they walk away shaking their heads like they completely know what it means. I don't know what it means myself, but I also don't act like I do either. Maybe I'm speaking out of insecurity....

And what's with the complete lack of originality in the "bad stock market" pictures in every newspaper? The trader with his head in his hands or whatever. We get it, it's bad and visuals are few. But come on, it's a cliche by now. I'm waiting for The Onion to parody this ASAP.

Agonizing pain, humiliation, embarrassment and possible loss of dignity and a job. Hilarious.

4 comments:

  1. I know, there might be 11 people that actually know what the fuck they're talking about.

    Yes the pictures are wonderfully bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what I'm talking about. I've spent the past 2 weeks reading about commercial paper and mark-to-market appraisal. I'd be glad to enlighten you. The dow will have to correct itself from the ridiculous housing bubble that originated in the mid-90's with the CRA. If you look at the trend of the dow over the century you can see where we SHOULD really be; I think so anyway. So the housing bubble has collapsed and we're on the way back to normal. We have enough checks in place so that it didn't nose-dive thousands of points in one day so I don't think it will be as bad as it could be. I was showing Jesica the graphs a few weeks ago and told her we were going to end up below 8000. That's where we SHOULD be, but I think we will have to go below it for awhile because no one knows how much people want to pay for fucking cheap-ass, suburban crap-houses --no more flipping that's for sure. If you ever wondered how so many people could say "I'm thinking about getting into real estate" and not had any clue how that was possible, then you probably understand more about the crisis than anyone on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know everything about everything

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right. Your insufferableness is impressive.

    ReplyDelete