Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thoughts on "The Gap"

Ya know, if you look at what is happening on Wall Street, the gap between the rich and poor is as low as it's been in a long time.This happens every time you have a big downturn in the stock market and the economy. Hmm...the rich get poorer...which means they don't have anymore jobs for the poor and middle class...but the poor don't get any poorer because of entitlement programs...but the middle class is knocked down to poor now because they don't qualify for the programs. (not yet at least) So basically redistribution of wealth just means everybody is brought down to the level of poor? Help me out here am I making any sense?

1 comment:

  1. Hey-O, where did you hear the gap was shrinking? It would make sense I suppose. I can only assume a downturn would tend everyone towards zero, and the poor don't have much to lose...

    You want the truth? I think I'm entitled (to entitlements)

    You want the truth? I want answers (Where's my bailout?!)

    You can't handle the truth...

    (We're screwed '08)

    ReplyDelete