Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Right's Unibrow

So, Mr. Roger Kimball (my co-chief aesthetic "inspirator," along with The Scrut) has just referenced The Zombie in his latest blog piece. The content doesn't really matter for my purpose here, but there might be something strange happening on the righty blogosphere.

Zombie's website, which he runs anonymously, is a favorite link for the (us) righties. Check it out for yourself if you have a burning desire to see some pictures of Mohammed (so THAT's what he looks like!! I'd seen half of them before and didn't realize what they "were") or undercover photo-essays of some fucking creepy ass St. Fransisco happenings and other lefty rallies.

My point is that there seems to be some strange coallescence up and down the right side of the cultural divide, as opposed to accross it. I wonder if this is just an election-cycle event or something more substantial. I guess the former, but we shall see.

I have always kept my New Criterion/City Journal/Foundry writers separate from my Ace of Spades/LGF and the rest. (For a visual representation of the blogosphere check this and this out. I love abstractions like these, the second is fascinating to me) So what to make of the comingling? Temporary alliance before an election or the beginning of a virtual conservative-action-conglomerate? Again, I guess the former, but we shall see...

1 comment:

  1. After looking over some of these sites I would say it is a good idea to seperate your writers as you have.

    There seem to be a lot of people/blogs who from time to time make good points but just plain lack decency. It's not so much a problem with facts but a problem with form.

    I hope it is something more substantial, for the conservative or so called 'conservative' movement, needs a bit of a purging. So, yes I want everyone to coallesce but only under the right leadership. As Scrut said on another topic...right leadership as in people like me. :)

    ReplyDelete