Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Poll-ution

Yes, I'm a poll-rat... Not proud of it. It's an addiction. Anyhow, the polls are doing some crazy things coming down the backstretch. John, you got any info on polling methodology? One thing I know is that Gallup shows an 11% lead for The O, Rasmussen 6%, and Zogby's at 2%. They have been pretty strongly correlated throughout the race (I watch them constantly) until now. What I do know is that Gallup polls "registered" voters and Rasmussen "likely" voters. I wonder if the polls are being influenced by The O's huge registration drives. I wouldn't care at all, but that I heard Begala, Carville, et al talking about how an Obama loss, given a big lead in the polls pre-election, would besmirch and befuddle the Obamatons so much as to precipitate non-post-racial trauma in the streets (race riots).

Anyhow, this is going to get REALLY ugly...

2 comments:

  1. Then there is the man who drowned crossing a stream with an average depth of six inches. ~W.I.E. Gates

    Still trusting statistics I see Conrad.

    There are lies, damned lies, and statistics! - B.Disraeli

    I've prolly told both of you that is my biggest fear in this election. If it is close and McCain wins Obama will throw a shit fit. If it's the other way around however I hope McCain lets it go and plays the good soldier, but who knows. I'll be watching on the 4th with a helmet and black paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think either of them will actually complain (to the extent that the results are prolonged) if they lose. If McCain loses, some supporters will point to voter fraud (like Dems the past 2 elections). If Obama loses, some supporters will cry racism. Though the volume of protest could differ depending on how things go in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete