Saturday, August 16, 2008

Obama's Fact Checkers Should Stick To Checkers

I just finished reading Unfit For Publication, O'Shaman's response to Crazy Corsi's silly book. So I will jump on the everyone's-facts-are-wrong bandwagon and point out another part of Corsi's book that is inaccurate, one that apparently evaded the Obamans.

The "line-by-line" refutation includes a quote from the book for each point; a mention of City Journal caught my attention: "LIE: 'Sol Stern, a contributing editor of Chicago's City Journal, has observed that while Ayers today 'is widely regarded as a member in good standing of the city's civic establishment, not an unrepentant domestic terrorist,' the impression of Ayer's good citizenship is incorrect.' " The quote can be found in this article.

City Journal (as the latest copy next to me says) is published by the Manhattan Institute, out of New York, not Chicago. Also, for Corsi to say Stern's "impression of.. good citizenship is incorrect" is insane. From the original article...

"In the ultraliberal Hyde Park community where the presidential candidate first earned his political spurs, Ayers is widely regarded as a member in good standing of the city’s civic establishment, not an unrepentant domestic terrorist. But Obama and his critics are arguing about the wrong moral question. The more pressing issue is not the damage done by the Weather Underground 40 years ago, but the far greater harm inflicted on the nation’s schoolchildren by the political and educational movement in which Ayers plays a leading role today."

The Obamans should never have given this guy a second of their time. I think it was just to take attention off what I can only assume is the better book on the subject. I have a feeling the entire rebuttal will backfire...

1 comment:

  1. Well done sir.

    So I just finished 'life at the bottom'. I hate you for letting me read it, thank you.

    I would bet that Ayer's educational ideas are fast tracking this country in the same direction. Especially if it were coupled with a Lib controlled gov.

    ReplyDelete